Keywords refer to the terms that searchers are likely to type in the Google search bar. Keep in mind that keywords play a significant role when it comes to directing relevant traffic to your website. So, make sure you use the right keywords and use them smartly to prove to the search engines that your website is exactly what the searchers are looking for. Here’s a list of factors that you must keep in mind while figuring out the best keywords for your website.
- Search Volume: Choose the keywords that most people are likely to use in their queries.
- Relevant Terms: Even if millions of people use the same keyword every day, it is still entirely useless for you if it is not related to your business. So, make sure you employ keywords that are relevant to what you do.
- Competition: SEO rankings can get highly competitive. Therefore, it is essential to understand the relative competition for a keyword when you are choosing the ones for your website.
- Understand the Audience: To pick the right keyword, it is essential to know your audience. It helps to know the demographics of your targeted audience.
If managing keywords seems like a plateful to you, there’s no need to worry! You can always use a keyword generator. Several keyword tools are available in the market that can help you find the perfect keywords to boost traffic on your website. Here’s a list of some popular tools that can assist you in finding the best keywords.
3. On-Page Optimization
On-page optimization refers to implementing your targeted keywords into the content of your website. Here are a few tips for effective on-page optimization.
- One strategy is to have a different “core keyword” and a “basket” of related terms for every webpage.
- Try and add relevant keywords in the title tags of a webpage. Make sure you don’t confuse the title tag with the main heading of the page! The title tag is what we see on the browser tab when the link for a webpage is clicked.
- Pay attention to meta-titles, meta-descriptions and XML site-maps.
- It pays to add relevant internal and external links!
4. Good Quality Content
So, what is good quality content, anyway? Well, the search engine employs several means to determine the quality of content on your website. However, perhaps the most prominent method is to determine the number, quality, and type of webpage or sites that link to your website. This makes it essential to try and get linked by authentic and trusted websites. For example, if your website can get a link from sites like CNN.com, the search engine will rank your content as authentic and good quality.